This airspace is valid from 01.11.2020 00:00 Z until 31.01.2021 00:00 Z
When flying into Botswana airspace, please refer to the document “Glider Operation approval...” and ask your local Chief Instructor for more information.
The ZIP Archive 1.00 contains different files
Airspace 2020_21 at Namibia Ver 1.00.txt
OpenAir (TXT) format. For use in flight computers that use the OpenAir format This file is created so that a flight from the glider area above Fl145 leads to an airspace warning. Adjust the flight computer so that airspace class W and E is not warned. Also select max. altitude by FL195.
Airspace 2020_21 at Namibia Ver 1.00 Print with FIR.txt
OpenAir (TXT) format with “Print with FIR” in the file name. For use in desktop*StrePla or other applications in which the real airspaces and not the personal restricted areas should be displayed only.
Airspace 2020_21 at Namibia Ver 1.00.cub
LX NAV and LX Navigation (CUB) formatfor all Zeus, LX8000 and LX9000 users. This file is created so that a flight from the glider area above FL145 leads to an airspace warning. Adjust the flight computer so that airspace class W and E is not warned. Also select max. altitude by FL195.
Airspace 2020_21 at Namibia Ver 1.00 Print with FIR.cub
LX NAV and LX Navigation (CUB) format with “Print with FIR” in the file name. For use in other applications in which the gliding areas should be displayed only.
Airspace 2020_21 at Namibia Ver 1.00.pdf
PDF Documentwith a description of the airspace.
Please be advised
- Gliding is possible in Namibia below FL145 all year in airspace class G. It is subject to the same rules as any other VFR flight. Below FL145 gliding is not restricted to a special gliding zone.
- All TMZ may be penetrated, whilst squaking “2000”.
- Please refer to the precise communication section of the website.
Also, please read through and comply with the NAM AIC 17/18:
The Namibian airspace is generally defined in NAMCARS Part 172.
The NAMCARS can be downloaded here:
Here is the NOTAM for Glider Operation from 1 November 2020 to 31 January 2021 for the Botswana Airspace:
- Q) FBGR/QWGLW/IV/M/AW/000/195/2433S02555E025
- A) FBGR B) 2011010400 C) 2101311800
- D) DLY BTN 0400-1800
- E) GLD FLY WILL TAKE PLACE WI FBGR AND REMAIN S OF S21 LAT AND W OF E023 LONG.
- F) GND G) 19500 FT AGL)